Koffels has extensive experience across all areas of commercial, industrial and domestic building projects including dispute resolution. We have advised a wide client base that includes builders, developers, trade contractors, suppliers, homeowners and consultants.
We provide a comprehensive service for the building industry from concept planning, due diligence reporting, development identification, environmental planning, contract negotiation and drafting, providing legal advice, construction project management and contractual administration.
In particular, we carry out the following:
- Review of tender documents, pre-contract advice and negotiation
- Project/joint venture and alliance contracts, negotiation and documentation
- Building contracts, standard and project-specific
- Contract administration, compliance and performance monitoring
- Advise on relevant State building licenses and qualifications
- Advise on insurance claims under State home building insurance
- Advice and claims under the NSW Building and Construction Industry
- Advise on home building cases including any defects claims
- Legal representation for the client in both tribunals and courts across Australia
- Cases involving Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW) and Contractors Debts Act 1997 (NSW)
For homeowners, we can assist you with:
- Disputes with architect, builder, sub-contractor, swimming pool builder
- Entering into a contract to build or renovate
- Home Owners Warranty Insurance claim
Assist client in organising experts for defects reports and Scott schedules including finding suitable quantity surveyors.