Special Counsel / Chief Strategy Officer
Senior executive and lawyer, experienced in representing leading private and public companies based in Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific region, as well as Australia.
BA, MLLP, MBA
“I really believe in representing my clients’ interests. The satisfaction in my work comes from helping them succeed.”
"Having worked in both private practice and as General Counsel and executive team member of a leading Fintech company, I know that sound, practical legal advice is one part of an all hands effort to business success. Understanding how the legal issues fit within the wider commercial objectives of the endeavour, is critical to ensuring that my legal advice delivers value, and ultimately a return on investment.”
“It is critical for most businesses to connect, with other businesses or customers outside their home jurisdiction, in order to either source services, or sell into a larger market. My role is to facilitate this connection by ensuring the commercial objectives are met while protecting my clients rights and interests."
Some of Aaron’s work:
- General Counsel in leading US based Fintech company, with accountability for legal and regulatory compliance matters, and helped establish the AFIA Code of Lending Practice, the first Code to regulate the emerging on-line lending industry;
- Representation of leading, US based crowd funding site in the setup of operations in Australia, including the establishment of Merchant Facility Agreements and off shore credit processing platforms;
- Assisted in the establishment of leading US East Coast IT consultancy firm in Australia including; the drafting of Master Service Agreements, Draw-down Facility Agreements and Licensing Agreements;
- Responsible for corporate compliance requirements on behalf of leading manufacturer based in Europe and supported buy out of national distribution network;
- Advised leading online job board based in the United Kingdom on buyout of competitor in Thailand and the setting up of operations in Hong Kong and Mainland China;
- Acted on behalf of infrastructure company with advice and preparation of capital structure analysis and company valuation, completed on sale of 51% of the company to institutional investor including review and analysis of Share Acquisition Agreements, shareholders Agreements and Subscription Agreements; and
- Analysis of complex financial and legal structures, loan agreements, charges over company assets and share structures for the development and construction of real property projects including a 32 level residential building in Sydney CBD with value of over AUD $70 million.
Bachelor of Arts, Masters of Law, Masters of Business Administration (Columbia Business School and London Business School), Graduate of Royal Military College of Canberra Duntroon.