Koffels is a leader in advising and representing Strata Managers, Building Mangers and Body Corporate. We provide a full range of legal services including Boundary and Title Law, the drafting of complex By-Laws and Scheme Management documents. Our in-depth understanding of the multitude of interests and interactions in these communities result in prime legal services to clients.
Most importantly we provide assistance with the proper functioning and management of strata and community titles schemes. In particular, we can advise you on the recent reforms to Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 and Strata Schemes Development Act 2015 as to how they affect your rights and responsibilities as owners corporation, individual lot owners and occupiers within the Scheme.
We provide expert advice on Strata and Community Title law covering:
- By-law drafting, amendments and enforcement
- Drafting strata/community management statements
- Insurance claims and requirements
- Government authority compliance requirements
- Grants of rights of use or development of lots or common property including easements, leasing and licensing
- Title structuring
- Building management and strata agency agreements
- Access agreement
- Adjudication claims
- All forms of dispute resolution including notices to comply, mediation, NCAT hearings
- Complex litigation process
We complement these skills with a strong depth of experience in Building and Constructions Law. As litigators of large and complex building defect claims, we represent Builders, Developers, Contractors, Architects and Consultants in both claimant and defendant actions.
As a result we regularly work with experienced experts and proven Counsel to provide the technical advice on resolving and managing building defects claim and Home Warranty Insurance claims.