Principal, Legal Practitioner Director, and founder of Koffels, firm supervisor and senior commercial practictioner.
“The opportunity to understand our clients’ circumstances so that our advice is practical, insightful and tactically correct is paramount.”
“Having spent a significant part of my working life running a large business, and now maintaining a variety of independent board positions, I know the importance of providing relevant, business orientated, success driven, advice.
“The continuation of my work on a global scale, moving from business in the film and advertising industries to private practice, has enabled my experience to be channelled into assisting our clients.”
Some of Ross’s work:
- Provide overall legal and corporate advice to companies in diverse fields including: Crowd Funding, IT, Aviation, Medical, as well as Directorship, and Company Secretarial responsibilities
- Involvement in Foreign Company set ups and investment in Australia, and Australian companies setting up and investing overseas including; advice as to cross border tax, thin capitalisation rules, transfer pricing, intellectual property and parallel importing
- Supervision of litigation matters in the firm, providing tactical advice to clients which have included: prosecution of a claim on behalf of a US based client against prominent franchisor; successful claim against international oil company in dispute over remediation of land; claim against national construction company on behalf of large private developer; establishment of precedent in multi- million dollar claim over defective building works claim relating to defective building works in large strata plan resulting in full payment of restoration works
- International/cross border litigation including:
– Claim as to personal injury relating to employment in Thailand, Switzerland, France and the Caribbean, (including Maritime Law);
– Conducting litigation process in California on behalf of client in property dispute and de-facto claim;
– Defence of criminal charges in Hungary on behalf of Australian team member in world competition in sporting accident
- Acting in complex matter of property involving multi jurisdictional issues as to ownership
- Advice in relation to Administration, Receivership and Liquidation of companies including compulsory examination under the Corporations Act and the validity of the actions of the insolvency practitioners in dealing with assets.