At Koffels we understand the importance of obtaining specialist legal advice to regain control in times of need. We can provide comprehensive legal services in corporate and personal insolvency. We have considerable experience in all contentious and non-contentious aspects of corporate and personal insolvency litigation as well as advise on and prepare documents for administrations and other related insolvency matters.
We closely analyse and identify the legal remedies available and provide tailored advice to our clients and their financial advisers to implement a strategy to resolve any creditor claims, preserve critical business assets, and protect family wealth.
Our expertise on corporate insolvency involve advising financiers, insurers, corporate borrowers on voidable transaction claims, insolvent trading actions, retention of title and breach of directors’ fiduciary duty. Our services in corporate insolvency include:
- Voluntary administration and receivership
- Winding up applications
- Applications to set aside statutory demands
- Compulsory and voluntary liquidations
- Deeds of company arrangements
- Disputes as to preferential and uncommercial transactions
- Litigation and regulatory investigations involving alleged breaches of directors’ duties and misconduct
- Retention of title subject to PPSA registration
- Advice on director and shareholder rights and responsibility
- Asset recovery and securities enforcement
- Workouts and corporate restructures
We are able to negotiate administrations and schemes of arrangement at our client’s request, or alternatively oppose such proposals if they do not accord with our client’s best interests.
For personal insolvency, we can provide the following assistance:
- Advise on Declaration of Intention (DOI)
- Advise on Personal Insolvency Agreement
- Part X arrangements
- Bankruptcy litigation and dispute resolution